Why is Alisyn Camerota leaving New Day? There is a big reshuffle going on at CNN after news anchor Brooke Baldwin announced she will be leaving on 13 April. We give you all the information about who is replacing Alisyn Camerota and exactly where Alisyn Camerota is going.
Why is Alisyn Camerota leaving New Day?
Fans want to know what happened to news anchor Alisyn Camerota on the morning show New Day.
It has been announced that she will be leaving New Day because of a reshuffle by CNN due to the exit of news anchor Brooke Baldwin.
Alisyn Camerota was born on 21 June 1966 in Shrewsbury, New Jersey.
She was previously a news anchor for Fox News from 1998-2014. During this time she was the co-host of America’s News Headquarters, as well as Fox & Friends Weekend.
Camerota is also the author of the book Amanda Wakes Up. The novel tells the story of a young women navigating the difficult world of broadcast journalism.
She is married to Tim Lewis and the pair have three children together: Nathaniel, Francesca and Alessandra.
Who is replacing Alisyn Camerota?
CNN’s Brianna Keilar is set to replace Alisyn Camerota on the morning show. New Day runs on weekday mornings from 6-9am.
Brianna Keilar is currently the anchor of the CNN show Right Now. She also writes the column Home Front about military families.
Keilar was born in Canberra, Australia on 21 September 1980. She previously worked as CNN’s senior Washington correspondent. She was also the lead reporter covering Hilary Clinton’s presidential campaign, as well as reporting on the Obama administration.
Prior to working for CNN Keilar worked for CBS News as an anchor, reporter and producer. Her first role was in Yakima, Washington.
Keilar has two children with her husband Fernando Lujan.
Where is Alisyn Camerota going?
The good news is that Alisyn Camerota is not going anywhere.
She is going to be swapping her regular morning shift for CNN’s Newsroom programme, which is broadcast from 2-4pm EST every day. She is going to be working alongside Victor Blackwell.
With her many years of news anchoring experience we are sure she is going to thrive in this new role.
- Real Madrid star thinks his side could have scored 5 vs Liverpool last night
- Who is Hubert Davis’ wife, Leslie? Meet the family of new UNC head coach
- Meet Sam Darnold’s girlfriend: Is he still with Claire Kirksey?
- Why did NASA stop exploring the ocean? What did they find?
- What happened to Phoenix Jones? Video puts superhero in the spotlight
- Did Paul Ritter have an eye condition? Fans search for answers
- Amy Lee Fisher death aged 23: Tributes pour in for YouTuber and blogger
- Who is Mark Fluent? Justine Bateman’s husband and children explored
- Who is Debra Moore Muñoz? Meet Mayans MC writer and producer