Is the Golf Channel Morning Drive cancelled? Fans have been wondering what’s happened to the popular morning show. Let’s dig about to find out.
Golf fans have been wondering in the past few weeks if the Golf Channel’s Morning Drive is cancelled.
The airwaves have been dedicated to coverage of the European Open during the show’s usual Monday slot. The longer it stayed off-air, the more people feared it had been axed.
The show was expanded to seven days a week in February and has become a staple for golf fans ahead of a trip to their club.
With a lack of tweets from the show’s account and from hosts Gary Williams and Holly Sonders, with only Damon Hack still tweeting regularly, many fans have been wondering whether Golf Channel’s Morning Drive has been parked like a golf buggy.
Good news, golf fans
There has been no official word from Golf Channel. Nevertheless, we have good news, golf fans. The show looks set to return on Monday, 26 October in its usual slot at 7am Eastern Time.
For the rookies, what is Morning Drive?
It has been a year of disruption for the Golf Channel, which is owned by NBC. Although the channel is televised in more than 70 countries and nine languages, there were staff cutbacks following a relocation to Connecticut from Orlando. Golfweek said the move was made “mainly to take advantage of tax credits given by the state of Connecticut”.
Never mind golf fans, the Morning Drive is swinging by soon. By the way, what’s happened to the Tiger Tracker?
- Who is Tabish Khan? Pakistan call up uncapped fast bowler for South Africa series
- Some Liverpool fans react to report Inter have been offered Origi on loan
- Leeds United latest: Two transfer targets still in sight, agent change brings hope
- RIP Mike Sheridan: Bodybuilder passes away aged 50
- Tottenham latest news: International eager for Spurs move, two loanees impress