Who is Elena Varela, the actress who plays Lauren Caruso in season 4 of Black Lightning? As the hit CW series’ last season debuts, let’s get to know Elena Varela and take a closer look at her background, career so far, and her role on the show.
Who is Elena Varela?
Elena Varela was born in Washington DC and raised in the Maryland suburbs by her parents, who are immigrants from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Varela is fluent in both Spanish and English and is an avid dancer – specialising in Salsa and Tango.
She received a regional Emmy in her early 20’s for her hosting work on DiverCity for WNVC TV. After moving to LA she modelled for a number of commercials and magazines.
Elena is best known for her roles in Black Lightning and Bluff City Law. She has also had small roles in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Criminal Minds and Goliath.
Who does Elena Varela play in Black Lightning?
Elena Varela plays Lauren Caruso in the CW show Black Lightning.
The show follows a school principal who is a retired superhero getting back into action. His special powers are bio-electricity, allowing him to drain power from technology and machines.
The show is currently running its fourth and final season. Due to the pandemic the series was pushed back and is now airing every Monday night on the CW channel at 9pm ET.
- ‘He’ll only improve’: Mourinho says he ‘believes’ in Tottenham signing
- Pakistan star makes Wasim Akram look silly after Rawalpindi pitch comments
- ‘Irreplaceable’, ‘gutted’: Some West Ham fans concerned over latest injury blow
- Ally McCoist shares what’s impressed him most about Steven Gerrard at Rangers
- Jacob Ramsey posts message after signing new Aston Villa contract