On Saturday 27 March 2021, discussions about the country’s capital and four adjacent provinces hit the internet. All were in reference to “ECQ.” Find out what it means here.
ECQ is an acronym. It means Enhanced Community Quarantine.
This would see Metro Manila and four neighbouring provinces – Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, Rizal – placed under stricter guidelines.
Will ECQ be in place in the Philippines?
On 27 March 2021, it was announced that the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases) had recommended that ECQ be put in place.
This ECQ would be in place from 29 March until the 4 April 2021. This is to slow a surge of Covid-19 cases in Manila, Philippines.
Before ECQ there was GCQ. This term emerged a week ago.
It stands for General Community Quarantine. This “bubble” was created to slow the spike of Covid-19 cases. It has been increased through ECQ.
- How to buy Lil Nas X’s limited edition “Satan Shoes”
- Lil Nas X’s net worth and “Montero” budget explored
- John Mayer’s infamous Playboy interview resurfaces
- Meet A Week Away’s breakout star Jahbril Cook
- Who is A Week Away’s Bailee Madison dating in real life?