Chelsea goalkeeper Willy Caballero has earned a new deal at Stamford Bridge. The news, however, has split opinion among the club’s supporters on Twitter.
The Blues have confirmed they’ve exercised an option to extend the shot-stopper’s contract by an extra year.
His deal was due to expire at the end of this season but he is now set to stay in west London until the end of the 2020/21 campaign.
The Argentine joined Chelsea in 2017 after a previous spell at Premier League rivals Manchester City. He has proved to be a reliable back-up option.
Willy Caballero has played in nine games across all competitions this season. That includes four appearances in the Premier League when he replaced regular number one Kepa Arrizabalaga.
The 38-year-old Caballero is an experienced option who gives plenty of value in the dressing room. He has also won a Europa League and FA Cup medal during his spell with the Blues.
With Kepa’s form inconsistent this season, Caballero has been given an opportunity to show what he brings to the squad.
Some Chelsea fans have reacted positively to his new deal. However, others have voiced their frustration and would prefer a fresh option in goal.
Here are just a few of the tweets…
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer