Tottenham are reportedly interested in midfielder Maxime Lopez from Ligue 1 side Marseille – and some of the club’s supporters on Twitter have given a mixed response to the speculation.
According to Estadio Deportivo, Spurs are one of the teams that are eyeing the 22-year-old and their manager Jose Mourinho is keen on trying to bring him to North London.
It is understood that West Ham are another English team keeping tabs on him, plus Spanish outfit Sevilla are long-term admirers too.
The report adds that the Frenchman is entering the final year of his contract and is valued at €10million (£8.9million), plus Marseille find themselves in a financial problem right now.
Lopez is a product of the Marseille academy and has played 146 senior games since breaking into the first-team picture.
He is a central midfielder that already has plenty of experience under his belt for such a young age and is a technician with great ball control.
A selection of Spurs supporters on social media believe the youngster could be a good fit for them, while others disagree and believe he could lack a physical presence.
Jose Mourinho’s squad is currently stacked with midfielders such as Harry Winks, Eric Dier, Tanguy Ndombele, Dele Alli, Giovani Lo Celso and Moussa Sissoko.
Here are some Spurs fans on the Lopez report:
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans