Tottenham have put contract talks for Heung-min Son and Harry Kane on hold, according to the Evening Standard.
They report that given the financial uncertainty due to fans not being in stadiums, Spurs aren’t in a rush.
The club has apparently taken a major financial hit during the pandemic and talks will resume when the picture is more clear.
The report says that Son would be looking at a new deal worth around £200,000-a-week.
But it is apparently not the right time to talk about a new contract, given Son has over two years remaining on his current deal.
Kane has more than three years left on his contract, which means that extensions for both players are apparently not seen as urgent.
The likes of Serge Aurier, Erik Lamela and captain Hugo Lloris have less time left on their contracts, although there’s no indication in the report about what Spurs will do about them.
Some Tottenham fans on Twitter were panicking after reading the report.
They seem to feel that Kane and Son have been so good this season that the club should just give them what they want.
It’s not that straight forward given football’s financial landscape and Daniel Levy is never going to over-extend his budget.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer