Giovani Lo Celso will miss Tottenham’s festive fixtures, according to Jose Mourinho.
As per Football.London, Mourinho delivered an update on the fitness of the Argentine after the 3-1 win at Stoke last night.
“Gio (Lo Celso) no, he will not be fit,” said Mourinho. “Tanguy (Ndombele) is fit but he didn’t come to Stoke. My decision, but he is fit.
When asked how long Lo Celso would be out for, he said: “I don’t know, I believe that he will not be playing in this period of Christmas and New Year for sure.”
In theory, the injury blow to an attacking midfielder in Lo Celso could pave the way for Dele Alli to get a chance.
But he didn’t impress Mourinho last night with a flick which gave the ball away in the buildup to Stoke’s equalising goal.
Lo Celso’s countryman Erik Lamela is making his way back from injury and came on for Alli after 66 minutes.
That could help fill the void but some Spurs fans on Twitter reacted to Mourinho’s update by comparing Lo Celso’s injury record with Lamela’s.
Both men have hade spells on the sidelines. It’s especially frustrating for Lo Celso because he has been impressive this term.
Perhaps Ndombele will get the opportunity to play a full 90 minutes now. He has been carefully protected by Mourinho thus far.
It’s a frustrating blow for Spurs, in any case, and here’s how some of their supporters reacted on Twitter:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer