Newcastle are preparing a bid for Todd Cantwell if they stay in the Premier League, according to Eurosport.
They report that Steve Bruce feels one of the main issues with his current squad is a lack of energy and creativity in midfield.
He apparently views the Norwich man as a potential solution but he certainly wouldn’t be easy to land – for a number of reasons.
The report says that Newcastle would be in a ‘chase’ to sign the midfielder, who impressed in the Premier League last season.
Plus, plenty could change at both Norwich and Newcastle by the time the summer rolls around.
Norwich are ten points clear at the top of the Championship and will expect to make it back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
Meanwhile, Newcastle are fully embroiled in a relegation dogfight after Fulham’s win at Anfield on Sunday.
That means that the reaction of many Newcastle fans on Twitter was skepticism over the prospect of Cantwell joining:
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer