Newcastle United have confirmed Achraf Lazaar’s departure from the club after the mutual termination of his contract.
He only made nine first team appearances for the club following his arrival in 2016.
Lazaar had three loan spells during his time as a Newcastle player, at Benevento, Sheffield Wednesday and Cosenza.
The decision means that Lazaar is free to find a new club despite the fact the transfer window is now closed.
Lazaar is 29 years old and has 11 caps for Morocco, but failed to establish himself at all at Newcastle.
That’s despite the fact the club lacked a quality specialist option in his left back position for a fair chunk of his time on Tynside.
That fact offers a fairly accurate indication of his ability and it’s fair to say there won’t be too many tears shed about his departure.
Here’s how the news went down on Twitter in a week where the Magpies have lost 2-1 at home to Crystal Palace.
- Elon Musk’s bizarre Billie Eilish tweet explained as copypasta goes viral
- Cast of Superbad now: From co-star hate to Academy Awards
- Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross relationship trends amid new P!ATD album
- Violet Affleck closes height gap with dad Ben as cute family pics emerge
- Why is David Brody leaving Z100 and the Elvis Duran Morning Show?