It is now over a year since Liverpool completed the signing of Takumi Minamino from RB Salzburg.
The Japanese forward impressed against the Reds in last season’s Champions League and looked a bargain at £7.25 million.
However, he has failed to establish himself regularly in Jurgen Klopp’s first team during his first 12 months at Anfield.
Minamino’s last start came in the 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace but he has been an unused substitute in the three games since.
Liverpool have not won any of those games, scoring just one goal in the process.
Klopp was asked about Minamino at his pre-match press conference before the trip to face Aston Villa in the FA Cup tomorrow.
He said: “I don’t think it was a very difficult (year for him).”
“When you come into the club, everyone thinks you will score 20, 30, 40 goals but it’s not like this. But he is in good shape.
“He was a good player when we signed him obviously but he has got used to the intensity, the training, the league. He’s made big steps.
“The last game he played was Crystal Palace where we won 7-0 and after that he didn’t play any more. So we should think about involving him, obviously.”
Some Liverpool fans clearly want the 25-year-old to be given a chance at Villa Park and here’s how they reacted to Klopp’s comments:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer