Arsenal are likely to let Eddie Nketiah and Alexandre Lacazette leave in the summer, according to Football.London.
They report both strikers’ contracts will have one year left by the time next season kicks off.
The report also says that Arsenal are holding off on a contract extension for David Luiz.
Mikel Arteta and Edu did plenty of work during last month’s transfer window in terms of trimming the squad.
That looks set to continue into the summer and Arteta could be clearing the decks to revamp his frontline.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could take up the reigns up front, with Nicolas Pepe or Gabriel Martinelli coming in on the left.
Martinelli could also play up front, while Folarin Balogun could also get more gametime through the middle.
The report seemed to go down well with some Arsenal fans on Twitter, so here’s the best reaction:
- Hustle fans make Kermit Wilts joke after Juancho Hernangomez is waived by Utah
- Heartwarming moment Peter Reckell’s ‘Bo’ meets onscreen daughter ‘Ciara’
- Stranger Things SPOILERS: Do Joyce and Hopper kiss in Season 4 Part 2?
- What will happen to Technoblade’s merch store after YouTuber’s death?
- Listen to ‘Chrissy Wake Up’ as original spawns Stranger Things fan remixes