Arsenal are keeping tabs on Brentford’s Ivan Toney, according to the Daily Express.
They report that Gunners scouts have been impressed by Toney’s maiden season with the Bees, where he has smashed in 16 league goals already.
There’s no suggestion that Arsenal are going to swoop this month, with the focus on an attacking midfielder.
But Toney is seen as a player who could potentially be in their price range should they dip into the market for a striker at any stage.
The article references Alexandre Lacazette’s contract situation, given he has just 18 months left on his current deal.
But despite the fact that a bid is not expected to be imminent for the 24-year-old, some Arsenal fans have already had their say on the report.
There is a feeling that Toney has the tools to make the step up to the Premier League and could be one to watch
Here’s how the news went down with fans of the Gunners:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer