Arsenal are apparently willing to let Reiss Nelson join Norwich in order to land their playmaker Emi Buendia.
According to the Independent, the Gunners view a player-plus-cash swap deal as the best way to sign the Canaries man this month.
Mikel Arteta is reportedly acutely aware of the need to offload players in order to bring in new faces.
And Nelson – along with Joe Willock – are touted as those who may convince Norwich to part with Buendia.
Buendia is apparently valued at £40 million and there have apparently already been discussions with his agent over a move to the Emirates Stadium.
Canaries boss Daniel Farke claims Buendia is not for sale, but Arsenal believe that a deal involving Nelson and Willock would smooth over any potential issues.
Nelson has made just two Premier League appearances this season, both of which were off the bench.
He has been forced to be largely content with Europa League outings despite Arteta’s side struggling for creativity.
Here’s how some Arsenal fans on Twitter reacted to the report that Nelson could leave the club this month:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer