Arsenal are considering using Joe Willock as a makeweight to sign Emi Buendia this month, according to the Independent.
They claim that Mikel Arteta is keen to land the Norwich playmaker to ease the creative issues which have plagued his side this season.
Norwich apparently want £40 million for Buendia, but Willock – along with Reiss Nelson – is apparently seen as a player who could smooth any potential issues.
Willock is a player who can operate in an advanced midfield position, so could be viewed as a replacement for Buendia at Carrow Road.
The report is a reflection of Arsenal’s financial position.
They are unable to outright buy a player from the second tier and see a player-plus-cash deal as their best chance of success.
There is also reportedly a need to offload players before new faces can be brought in.
Some Arsenal fans on Twitter approved of the report to offload Willock in order to sign Buendia.
Willock came off the bench for the final 13 minutes of the 4-0 thumping of West Brom on Saturday – his fourth league appearance in five games.
But it appears he hasn’t done enough to impress some Gunners on Twitter:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer