Kieran Tierney was left out of Arsenal’s 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace last night due to injury.
The Scotsman’s thrust down the left hand side was missed during a drab game where Arsenal struggled to create chances.
Tierney’s absence came out of left field and Gunners fans were likely awaiting information on how long he’d be out for.
Thankfully for them, the Athletic’s David Ornstein has offered a swift update on Tierney’s fitness ahead of this weekend’s clash with Newcastle.
He said Tierney’s injury is not serious – not a muscle tear – and he could be selected on Monday night.
Tierney was not selected as a precaution and has undergone an MRI scan today which has showed there is no major damage.
Unsurprisingly, that news has gone down exceptionally well with Arsenal fans on Twitter.
Tierney has been arguably their best player this season and the prospect of him being out for any length of time would have been a worry.
Here’s how the update went down with some Gunners supporters online:
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer