Olympiacos knocked Arsenal out of last season’s Europa League in February.
That extra time victory at the Emirates Stadium was a shock to the system for Mikel Arteta’s side.
The Greek outfit qualified for the group stage of this season’s Champions League.
There, they were drawn against Manchester City, Porto and Marseille in Group C.
Last night’s results mean they finished third in that group, and drop into the Europa League.
That means they could face Arsenal once again in Europe’s secondary competition.
It’s clear that the scars of last season’s exit haven’t fully healed for some Gunners fans on Twitter.
They are keen to see their side avoid Olympiacos at all costs, and we’ve picked out the best of their reaction to last night’s results.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer