Mikel Arteta says Arsenal playmaker Emile Smith Rowe is close to a return from injury.
Arteta has conducted his press conference ahead of the first leg of Arsenal’s Europa League clash with Olympiacos and was asked about Smith Rowe.
“Yes, he’s close to returning and he’s going to have a full session today to see if he can be involved in tomorrow’s game,” said Arteta.
“After training we will know exactly where we are with him.”
Of course that raises the prospect he will be involved against the Greek outfit tomorrow night.
They knocked Arsenal out of last year’s competition so the Gunners know they cannot take anything for granted.
Smith Rowe was flying along before his injury and there were no shortage of Gunners fans on Twitter reacting to the news.
Here’s how Arteta’s update went down on Twitter ahead of tomorrow night’s game:
- Sergiño Dest’s parents – ethnicity, and where they are from
- Gregg Berhalter’s wife Rosalind – what we know about USMNT coach’s family
- What is a Ute after No.11 Utah beats USC to win Pac-12 title?
- What age is Pele’s wife, Marcia Aoki? A look back at his life and career
- Fans react to sad news Khris Middleton’s dad James recently passed away