These Tottenham Hotspur supporters believe Gareth Bale should have been brought on earlier or even started against Newcastle United.
Gareth Bale was brought onto the pitch by Jose Mourinho after 88 minutes had already been played against Newcastle United.
Tottenham fans questioning the substitution
This led some fans to question the manager’s decision making because they feel Bale should have come on much earlier or even started against the Magpies.
Which is a fair assessment, as Bale doesn’t have much hope with just two minutes to work with.
Should Bale have started against Newcastle?
Not starting isn’t anything new to Bale, with the winger only having six Premier League starts to his name so far this season.
However, with five goals in his last 10 matches across all competitions, Bale is in strong form.
When coming on with just two minutes left in the match, it’s no surprise that Bale didn’t manage to impact the game much.
70 minutes of game time seems to be Bale’s magic number, with the Welsh international scoring two goals against both Burnley and Crystal Palace when getting 70 minutes on the pitch.
With the form Bale is in, it would seem highly likely that he should have started against Newcastle.
And these Tottenham supporters also agree he should have at least had more minutes on Sunday.
Here’s what the Tottenham fans were saying about Bale on Twitter:
- Rory Gibson reflects on ‘feeling numb’ moment he found out he was joining Y&R
- Who is Kelly Fisher? Dodi Al Fayed’s ex-girlfriend was a Calvin Klein model
- Kobe Bryant’s autopsy report goes viral on Twitter two years after his tragic death
- Steve Martin’s dad became his harshest critic after failed attempt at Hollywood
- Beverly Hills star Denise Dowse dies after falling into coma in meningitis battle