West Ham striker Sebastian Haller scored a stunning overhead kick in a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace last night.
The Hammers fell behind to a Christian Benteke strike before the Frenchman smashed in the equaliser.
It’s no exaggeration to say it’s one of the goals of the season so far and it caught the eye of Match of the Day’s Gary Lineker.
He took to Twitter to praise Haller for his strike which earned his side a share of the spoils.
Lineker wasn’t the only one impressed by the strike – and understandably so.
Former West Ham winger Trevor Sinclair scored an unforgettable overhead kick during his Queens Park Rangers days.
He suggested Haller’s strike wasn’t quite as good as his but was still full of praise for the Hammers hitman.
For West Ham, it was a great moment and also a sign of Haller’s growing confidence after a tricky first season in English football.
Michail Antonio is vitally important to how David Moyes wants his side to play, but Haller is now deputising ably.
More goals like that wouldn’t go amiss, although Moyes told Sky Sports he also wants the Frenchman scoring more simple strikes too.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer