West Ham United have a genuine interest in Watford winger Ismaila Sarr, according to the Athletic.
However, they claim that a striker to replace Sebastien Haller is a more likely recruit this month.
Also, the report says that Watford value Sarr at £50 million, which would be a club record fee for West Ham.
Haller cost £45 million in 2019 and remains the club’s most expensive purchase ever.
Sarr, 22, would eclipse that, and there can’t be many Hammers fans who would expect the Senegalese international to come for that price this month as well as signing a new striker.
Getting a new frontman through the door has to be a priority in the current window.
Michail Antonio’s fitness cannot be relied upon for the rest of the season without senior backup.
Sarr looks potentially like one for the summer and the financial landscape may be a bit clearer by then.
Sarr’s international teammate Sadio Mane has lavished praise on the wideman.
In August 2019, he said of Sarr: “The first day he signed I sent him a message to say good luck and that I was happy for him.
“He’s rapid. I think defenders will struggle. Last time I was speaking to Robbo (Andy Robertson) I said ‘Watford have a really good player.
“I will need to help you more otherwise Ismaila Sarr will kill you, because he is a good dribbler and very, very fast’.”
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer