Brendan Rodgers could raid his former club Celtic for Scotland international Ryan Christie, according to Eurosport.
They report that Leicester could view Christie as a potential transfer target as he is unwilling to extend his Parkhead deal.
Apparently, Demarai Gray is set to leave the King Power Stadium next month and that means incomings cannot be discounted.
The report says Rodgers is impressed with Christie, and the affection is mutual if Christie’s recent comments are anything to go by.
In October, Christie gave Rodgers credit for igniting his Celtic career.
“I also need to give credit to Brendan Rodgers at the time,” said Christie.
“We played Dundee in the next game after that…he told me that he couldn’t really pull me out after that performance. And I just stayed in after that.”
At the time Christie broke into the Hoops side, Rodgers described him as ‘fantastic’ as per the Daily Record and it seems he’s still an admirer.
Rodgers still isn’t popular with Celtic fans for the way he walked out on the club to join Leicester.
Those flames haven’t been stoked by transfer interest from the King Power yet – but they just might be over Christie.
That would be an intriguing saga and pose Christie with a big decision over whether he wants to risk the same flak as Rodgers.
His deal runs until 2022, but he said in October he’s not in any rush to sign a new one.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer