Southampton are confident that Danny Ings will sign a new contract before the end of the year, according to Eurosport.
They report that Ralph Hasenhuttl’s biggest priority ahead of the transfer window is tying Ings down.
And it looks like an announcement will be made soon with Ings happy and enjoying his football at St Mary’s.
Earlier this month, Hasenhuttl encouraged Ings to sign a new deal with the Saints.
That would be a major boost for Southampton going into the transfer window.
They currently sit third in the table, four points off table-toppers Liverpool after 13 games.
It could have been just the two if Hasenhuttl’s side had been able to make their dominance pay against Arsenal on Wednesday evening.
Ings’s form will be key to any Southampton success this term and it would be a bonus for Hasenhuttl if the Englishman’s future was resolved going into the winter window.
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans