Southampton have offered defender Yan Valery to Bundesliga strugglers Schalke.
As per Sky Germany, via GGFN, a loan deal with an option to buy is on the table for the German outfit.
Valery has a contract until 2023 at St Mary’s but has played only eight minutes of Premier League football this season.
That came against Liverpool on Monday night, as the Saints beat the champions 1-0.
Schalke are apparently looking for a right back as they look to turn around their fortunes.
It has been an awful season for the club so far. They have not won a league game all term.
Combined with their winless run last season, they are without a Bundesliga in 30 games.
They may well equal the all-time Bundesliga record set by Tasmania Berlin on Saturday if they fail to beat Hoffenheim.
That means it would be no walk in the park for Valery if he did make the move to Germany.
Schalke’s poor form means they are in real relegation danger, and their ability to buy Valery at the end of a potential loan deal would likely be impacted if they did drop into the second tier.
Perhaps Valery’s first league outing of the season suggests his future lies at St Mary’s in any case.
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans