Southampton have offered defender Yan Valery to Bundesliga strugglers Schalke.
As per Sky Germany, via GGFN, a loan deal with an option to buy is on the table for the German outfit.
Valery has a contract until 2023 at St Mary’s but has played only eight minutes of Premier League football this season.
That came against Liverpool on Monday night, as the Saints beat the champions 1-0.
Schalke are apparently looking for a right back as they look to turn around their fortunes.
It has been an awful season for the club so far. They have not won a league game all term.
Combined with their winless run last season, they are without a Bundesliga in 30 games.
They may well equal the all-time Bundesliga record set by Tasmania Berlin on Saturday if they fail to beat Hoffenheim.
That means it would be no walk in the park for Valery if he did make the move to Germany.
Schalke’s poor form means they are in real relegation danger, and their ability to buy Valery at the end of a potential loan deal would likely be impacted if they did drop into the second tier.
Perhaps Valery’s first league outing of the season suggests his future lies at St Mary’s in any case.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer