Real Betis are now the standout contenders to sign Arsenal outcast Sokratis, according to Estadio Deportivo.
They report that Genoa were contenders but have now gone in another direction.
The report claims that talks between Betis and Arsenal for Sokratis are ‘very advanced’.
That is despite the article outlining the economic difficulties the Spanish outfit could have in affording the Greek defender.
It appears that Betis can only offer Sokratis 25 per cent of the wage he is earning at Arsenal now.
Mikel Arteta said earlier this week that the defender looks set to leave Arsenal this month.
And it appears that Betis are now the main contender to offer Sokratis that exit route this month.
His contract expires at the end of the season, but the report claims that Arsenal are willing to him leave this month for free.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer