Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola remains keen on Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish but it’ll be hard to do a deal this summer.
The Telegraph report that the City boss is a huge admirer of Grealish, but Erling Haaland is his top target for the summer.
Haaland is likely to command a huge fee to sign him the summer before his release clause becomes active.
To sign the Norwegian and Grealish in the same window would require enormous financial muscle.
If anyone’s capable of that, it’s probably City, but we’re talking around £250 million for just two players in the middle of a pandemic.
Villa have also markedly improved this season and Grealish is shining in a side who are challenging for Europe.
The report says Grealish could be tempted to leave if Villa don’t get into Europe.
He apparently has ambitions of showing what he can do on that stage, and hasn’t even played in the Europa League yet.
But his loyalty to Villa is huge and the club doesn’t need to sell – so it would be a huge surprise to see him in a City shirt next season.
A strong Euro 2020 with England would only increase his value even more and the bidding seems to start at £100 million as it is.
- Meet Euphoria star Storm Reid’s parents
- Who wrote Snowpiercer’s Winter Song, sung by janitor Oz?
- Report: At least 6 clubs are queuing up to sign Manchester City ace this summer
- Seven clearances, 50 touches: Spurs star in fine form for his nation last night
- Report: Manchester City have shown interest in Spurs star, Levy would demand huge fee