Leicester winger Demarai Gray will leave the King Power Stadium in January, according to Eurosport.
Last week, Brendan Rodgers indicated that Gray’s time at the club was running down but said ‘next season’ was when he expected to see the winger playing for someone else.
But the report says he will leave the Foxes in January, and journalist Duncan Castles reported Tottenham’s strong interest recently.
He said Leicester believe Gray will join Tottenham but that there was also interest from abroad.
It seems that Gray will be on the move during the winter window, in any case.
Spurs have plenty of wide options, it must be said.
But Gray is homegrown and his contract situation – with his Leicester deal expiring at the end of the season – also makes him appealing.
Should Spurs fans be excited about taking a player who has struggled to force his way into the Leicester side?
Well, Gray is a player with a great deal of talent and he’s still just 24.
That bodes well if Spurs do sign him. Their homegrown quota may need a boost amid uncertainty over the futures of Harry Winks and Dele Alli.
It would be an interesting signing, and it seems Gray’s future will be resolved next month.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer