Liverpool are interested in a January swoop for Lille defender Sven Botman, according to GFFN.
They claim that the Reds have made contact with the agent of the 20-year-old central defender.
With Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk out injured, it will be interesting to see if Jurgen Klopp dips into the transfer market for a new centre half.
Talks with Botman are apparently still at an early stage, and Inter Milan are also keen.
Lille are in financial trouble and that is reportedly having an impact on their asking price.
The report claims that the Ligue 1 club’s asking price is down by 20 million euros (£18 million) because of those money problems.
That still represents a profit on the 10 million euros (£9.1 million) Lille paid for him during the summer.
A young central defender with a lower than expected asking price looks exactly the type of signing Liverpool would make.
Botman is apparently not the only Lille player interesting the Reds.
Last week, it was reported that Liverpool want Renato Sanches to replace Gini Wijnaldum if he leaves Anfield.
It remains to be seen whether Liverpool do any January business. Anything Klopp does will need to fit into the club’s long-term plan and they won’t panic buy.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer