The only reason Liverpool missed out on Marseille’s Duje Caleta-Car is because they didn’t bid early enough, according to the Independent.
They report that the French club would have sanctioned the defender’s departure during last month’s transfer window.
But the only stumbling block was the lack of time they had to secure a replacement.
That wasn’t such a big issue for Schalke over Ozan Kabak, with Arsenal helping out by selling them Shkodran Mustafi on deadline day.
£20 million would apparently have been enough to land the defender if Liverpool had acted sooner.
Instead, they left it until the last possible moment to sign Kabak and Preston’s Ben Davies.
There have been further consequences of Liverpool’s dithering.
Because Davies and Kabak were signed so late, they haven’t been thrown in by Jurgen Klopp yet.
Liverpool surely knew they needed central defenders on January 1, but have paid the price for waiting too late to swoop.
That’s seen them miss out on a potential target and in that time, the Premier League title looks to have slipped away too.
- Who is playing Chance on The Young and the Restless?
- What is Brett Biggs’ salary as Walmart’s chief financial officer steps down?
- Is Twas The Fight Before Christmas based on a real story?
- Who is Hard Rock Nick? Net worth of the self-proclaimed richest man
- Who is Raven Lyn Corneil as ex-bf Jack Dorsey steps down from Twitter?