Liverpool’s Joel Matip should return to action against Burnley, according to a report by James Pearce in the Athletic.
The defender was not risked against Manchester United, but his return is apparently imminent.
If Matip doesn’t suffer any setbacks, he will surely be thrown straight back into Jurgen Klopp’s starting line-up given the Reds had to play with two midfielders at the back against United.
Jordan Henderson and Fabinho performed admirably in the circumstances but getting one of them back into the engine room would be a major boost.
Matip’s return would give Liverpool’s backline a look of normality again and most likely free up Henderson to go back into midfield.
It’s actually the attack which is more concerning right now, after three straight games without a goal.
The game against Burnley is vital in terms of getting back to winning ways and regaining some confidence.
The game against the Clarets will be a physical one and the return of an orthodox central defender should help against the aerial threat provided by the likes of Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer