Liverpool signed two central defenders on the final day of the transfer window in Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak.
But according to the Athletic, they – along with Tottenham – have their sights set on another one in the summer.
They report that Spurs and Liverpool are both keen on the Aston Villa central defender.
His partnership with Tyrone Mings has been crucial to Villa’s improvement this season.
Konsa moved to Villa for £12 million (BBC) in July 2019 but it seems likely he’d cost more than that now, having established himself as a top flight player.
Kabak is effectively on a trial until the end of the season, when Liverpool will have the option to make his loan move from Schalke permanent.
His Reds career didn’t get off to the best of starts on Saturday against Leicester, when a mix-up with Alisson allowed Jamie Vardy to put the Foxes 2-1 up late on.
It’s perhaps not too surprising that a young, English centre-half would be on the radar of teams higher up the league.
And former Liverpool and Spurs striker Peter Crouch has been impressed with Konsa this season.
He said last week that Konsa is developing into one of the best young central defenders in the Premier League.
Time will tell if either club turns their interest in terms of ‘keeping tabs’ on the defender into something more concrete.
- Who is playing Chance on The Young and the Restless?
- What is Brett Biggs’ salary as Walmart’s chief financial officer steps down?
- Is Twas The Fight Before Christmas based on a real story?
- Who is Hard Rock Nick? Net worth of the self-proclaimed richest man
- Who is Raven Lyn Corneil as ex-bf Jack Dorsey steps down from Twitter?