Chelsea will refuse any offers for winger Callum Hudson-Odoi in the January transfer window, according to the Athletic.
They report that the Blues do not want to loan or sell the Englishman despite him only making one Premier League start this season.
Apparently, Frank Lampard feels he would be left without sufficient depth if Hudson-Odoi left and has already made a decision on his future.
The report claims the England international was considering leaving to get more gametime and force his way into Gareth Southgate’s summer plans.
But he is seen as a player with huge potential and somebody that Chelsea want to keep.
Hakim Ziyech’s weekend injury against Leeds has only strengthened Chelsea’s resolve on the winger’s future.
But the report says they’d decided to keep him before the former Ajax man limped off in the 3-1 win.
The report claims Hudson-Odoi will likely face Krasnodar tomorrow night, given he has played three Champions League matches so far and Chelsea are already through as group winners.
It’s not just Lampard who rates Hudson-Odoi highly, either.
In January, former Blues midfielder Cesc Fabregas called the winger ‘terrific’, as per Metro.
“The first time he came to train with us I knew he was different, his finishing and pace were something else for his age,’ said Fabregas.
“He has a long way to go and just came back from a terrible injury. With time and good attitude he can become a terrific player.”
- ‘Percosivism’? Purposivism? Meaning explained amid Kennedy-Bjelkengren exchange
- Who is Florida OnlyFans mom Victoria ‘Snooks’ Triece and how old is she?
- Where did Biden judicial nominee Charnelle Bjelkengren go to law school?
- Are Aidan Morris and Jordan Morris brothers, or in any way related?
- Angelina ‘Kim Kardashian’ Pivarnick wanted to meet Pete Davidson after split