Barcelona are plotting summer swoops for Liverpool’s Gini Wijnaldum and Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero, as per Eurosport.
Joan Laporta is back at the Nou Camp as President and is setting about defining the club’s transfer plan for the summer.
Barcelona’s finances are a shambles so they’re seemingly only shopping for cheap and free transfers in the summer.
And the report claims that a new striker is a priority over everything – which means landing Aguero is more important to them than signing Wijnaldum.
Laporta’s first goal is trying to convince Lionel Messi to stay at the club beyond the end of the season.
One way to do that would be bringing in his international compatriot Aguero, who’s played 97 times for Argentina.
Barca let Luis Suarez leave to join Atletico Madrid in the summer and have paid the price for it.
They’ve looked short on firepower while Suarez has fired Atletico to the top of the table.
Wijnaldum would have the chance to link up with international teammate Frenkie de Jong at Barca – and former Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman is in the hotseat.
Both men are out of contract at the end of the season, making them among the most attractive propositions available for Barcelona.
They will be tough to replace without a transfer fee coming in the other way, especially in another window set to be impacted by the pandemic.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer