Brentford are in talks over a new contract for striker Marcus Forss, according to TeamTalk.
They claim that Tottenham are among the clubs interested in the Finland international striker.
Eurosport add that a six-year deal is being mooted for the 21-year-old hitman who has five goals for the Bees this season from just two starts.
Spurs will likely have an eye on the situation, as their interest is apparently serious.
Ivan Toney has kept Forss out of the side for much of the season after his arrival from Peterborough.
But Brentford apparently have big plans for Forss and want him to stay at the club for many years.
His star has been on the rise this season, with a maiden international call up. He now has three caps.
Forss found the net in a 2-0 friendly victory over France last month, which offers an indication of his quality.
Spurs have long struggled to find a backup for Harry Kane but brought Carlos Vinicius in on loan this season.
That’s not a long-term solution, and perhaps Forss is seen as the man who can deputise for the England skipper for years to come.
If Brentford agree a new deal for Forss, and he keeps improving like he is doing, that’s only going to push his asking price upwards.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer