Arsenal scouts have been impressed by Brentford’s Ivan Toney this season, according to the Express.
Toney has bagged 16 league goals for Brentford since joining them from Peterborough.
And the Gunners’ recruitment team has apparently been watching on, impressed with what they’ve seen.
There’s no indication that the Gunners are going to act on any interest this month, when an attacking midfielder is more of a priority than a striker.
But the report does suggest that Toney could end up replacing £47 million man Alexandre Lacazette.
They report that the Frenchman has 18 months left on his current deal and there are question marks of his future.
The report says Lacazette is still appreciated by Arteta and he has of course led the line in recent weeks.
But Toney is viewed as a potential replacement in an affordable price bracket if Arsenal revisit the situation over the summer.
It remains to be seen what that would mean for young strikers Eddie Nketiah and Folarin Balogun.
They may well be hoping to get a chance in the side if Lacazette did leave.
But Toney seems firmly on Arsenal’s radar and his hugely impressive second tier season hasn’t gone unnoticed at the Emirates Stadium.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer