Christian Eriksen has been offered to Arsenal ahead of the January transfer window, according to ESPN.
They report that Eriksen could be available for £12 million in the winter window.
He left Tottenham to join Inter Milan last January, but under a year on from that protracted move, he could switch clubs again.
The report claims Eriksen would be open to joining Arsenal despite his connections with their north London rivals.
That quoted £12 million fee is just £500,000 more than Tottenham paid for him in 2013, as per BBC.
The bargain price apparently appeals to Arsenal because they have a modest mid-season budget.
Spurs have privately ruled out any chance of bringing the midfielder back, and a number of other Premier League clubs have been contacted to get an idea of their potential interest.
Eriksen ran down his Spurs contract to pursue a new challenge, but he could well be back in the same league, perhaps even the same city, within a year.
It should not be forgotten that Eriksen was once a hugely important player for Tottenham.
That was the case under previous boss Mauricio Pochettino, who called him ‘outstanding‘ in February 2018.
If Arsenal could unlock that form again, they’d get a hard-working creative midfielder au fait with the demands of English football.
But he has lost his way in the past 18 months and it would be a case of rebuilding his confidence first and foremost.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer