According to reports in France, Lille’s Renato Sanches is Jurgen Klopp’s top choice to replace Gini Wijnaldum at Liverpool.
As per Le10 Sport, Klopp a fan of the Portuguese international midfielder.
They report that if Wijnaldum were to leave Anfield, Sanches is Klopp’s first choice to replace him.
And La Voix du Nord (via GFFN) claim that Sanches could be on the move in January due to financial issues at Lille.
There’s no guarantee that Sanches will move, but there are nine-figure debts at the Ligue 1 club and he’s their biggest asset.
Sanches left Bayern Munich in 2019 to join the French club in a deal BeIN Sports reported at the time was worth 25 million euros (£22.7 million).
Since then, he has rediscovered the form which saw him named in the Portugal squad which won Euro 2016.
He lost his way thereafter and some Reds fans may remember his ill-fated loan spell at Swansea in the 2017/18 season.
He’s not that player anymore. He’s showing why he was named UEFA Golden Boy in 2016.
Sanches is 23, could be available at an affordable price and hungry to prove himself at a big club after his disappointment at Bayern.
He bears the hallmarks of an FSG signing. Klopp will be understandably keen to keep Wijnaldum but Sanches could be a very good replacement.
Liverpool have signed players who wouldn’t be an obvious pick before. People aren’t judging Andy Robertson on his relegation with Hull any more. It could be the same with Sanches.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer