Peter Crouch feels Newcastle are the team most likely to join Sheffield United and West Brom in getting relegated this season.
Crouch ran the rule over Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle in his Daily Mail column.
Crouch said he’s a fan of Magpies boss Steve Bruce but tipped him to oversee their fall into the Championship.
“I’ve watched Brighton a lot recently and I’ve been won over by them. They play good football, they have got too many good players and they won’t go down. They should have won at West Brom on Saturday.
“Fulham are putting a compelling argument together – they have got momentum now. Newcastle, on the other hand, are sinking.
“It pains me to say because I am a fan of Bruce. I have never hidden that but the toxicity around them, together with crippled confidence and big injuries, is dragging them down.
“Newcastle are better off playing behind closed doors for as long as possible, as the discontent is so apparent. It isn’t helpful. I love them as a club but I’d now have them as favourites for the last relegation place.”
Newcastle fans have been patronised by many pundits all season long.
And now they’re suddenly making dire predictions about their fate – saying things the supporters have known for months.
Newcastle are right in the relegation battle. That is not news to anyone who’s followed them to any great extent this season.
But it seems the situation will have to get worse for Bruce’s standing to fall in the eyes of Crouch.
- Tom DeLonge watches clip of John Travolta doing aerobics each month without fail
- Christina Bobb: Age and bio of Trump’s attorney amid Mar-a-Lago fallout
- How old is Nikki on The Young And The Restless? Character’s age explored
- Inside Robert De Niro’s life – Hollywood icon to becoming dad again at 68
- RIP Virginia Grohl: Death of Dave’s mother adds to band’s recent woes