Promising Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott scored a stunning goal for loan club Blackburn Rovers last night.
Tony Mowbray’s side beat Millwall 2-1 at Ewood Park and Elliott opened the scoring with a sumptuous strike.
The win puts Rovers ninth in the Championship, but their tally of 24 points is just four off leaders Norwich.
As per WhoScored, Elliott had three shots on the night, as well as making two key passes – before coming off in the 73rd minute.
Local media Lancs Live gave Elliott a 7/10 for his performance, criticising his unwillingness to use his weaker foot.
“Got to savour glimpses of his quality on the ball,” they wrote.
“His range of passing is excellent and he has the vision to maximise it. Excellent finish for the goal.
“One alarming issue with his night was his hesitance on using his right leg. Always had to play a pass, cross or shot with his left.”
Elliott has been sent out on loan to play every week and improve weaknesses in his game – such as his right foot.
Will it alarm Jurgen Klopp that Elliott isn’t using his right very often? You wouldn’t think so, especially when he produces moments of magic with his left.
The strike was his second goal for Rovers and he will hope to add many more as their push for the play-offs continues.
In the meantime, Liverpool fans can savour their young players doing the business in the first team against Ajax on Tuesday, and one doing the same on loan the following night. The future looks bright at Anfield.
- Inside Courtney Hope’s girls’ weekend for lookalike ‘sister’s’ lively hen party
- Meat Loaf unknowingly gave Charles Manson a ride and he told singer’s fortune
- Dianna Russini and husband Kevin have ‘a baby for every year of marriage’
- Where The Mummy cast are now – Hollywood’s action hunk to ‘600lb movie role’
- Who is Andrea Giambruno, Giorgia Meloni’s partner and Italy’s first gentleman?