We explore Louis Nix III’s net worth and career after the news of his passing broke on 27 February 2021.
The former NFL defensive tackle was found dead in Florida, three days after he was reported missing by his mother. Louis Nix III was just 29 years old.
In his all-too-brief career, Nix played for the Houston Texans, New York Giants, Washington and Jacksonville Jaguars. The football community mourns the loss of Louis Nix III and have paid tribute to his career.
Louis Nix III’s career explored
Louis Nix III was born 31 July 1991 in Jacksonville, Florida.
A successful high school football career set up Nix for the big leagues. He attended William M. Raines High School where he was an All-State defensive lineman. He was also named as an all-First Coast pick as defensive lineman by the Florida Times-Union.
This caught him the attention of Notre Dame in Indiana. Although Nix did not start as a freshman in 2010, his following sophomore year saw Nix start eleven games.
He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the 2014 NFL Draft. After bouncing around between teams, Nix signed with the Jaguars in 2016. He was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars in May 2017.
Louis Nix III: Net worth
Louis Nix III’s net worth to date is between $1-2 million.
His career earnings from the NFL are estimated to be $1,283,388. This includes the $699,247 he has made from his NFL salaries plus his 2014 signing bonus of $575,252.
Nix is also reported to have received $8,889 in incentive pay from the Giants in 2015.
- Davido opens up on delayed wedding plans
- Report: £230,000 a week Manchester City man has to prove himself before new deal talks
- ‘Wouldn’t look out of place’: Pundit believes ‘outstanding’ Leeds star would suit PL rivals
- 79 Touches, 58 Passes: 29-year-old Newcastle player put in a great performance against Wolves
- Report: David Moyes doing personal checks on £25 million West Ham target