Here’s the full list of NFL coaches and executives wearing flag patches as part of an NFL initiative over the next two weeks.
The NFL is currently running an initiative to celebrate the league’s international diversity. As part of the initiative, players and coaches will wear the flags of countries to honor their family heritage in Weeks 4 and 5.
According to the NFL, ‘over the next two weeks, more than 200 players will proudly wear helmet decals of the country or territory’s flag that represents their nationality or cultural heritage.’
Players can choose to wear, alongside the American flag, the flag of an international country or territory if they lived there for two years or more, or have a parent or grandparent who were born there.
Notable players wearing the decals
A number of high profile stars will be wearing the flag decals on their helmet over the next few weeks. These include include Kyler Murray (Arizona Cardinals – South Korea), Amon-Ra St. Brown (Detroit Lions – Germany) and Tua Tagovailoa (Miami Dolphins – Samoa & American Samoa).
Miami Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa said: “I am proud to represent my heritage with the Samoan flag on my helmet. My family and my culture are very important to me. Our name means everything, and it’s an honor to be able to represent not only my family’s name but also my Samoan heritage as an NFL player.
Detroit Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown will display the German flag. He said, “My mom is from Germany, so having German grandparents, speaking German, every summer the heritage and culture has been a part of my whole life. I’m half German. It’s a part of me. I love it. In my young career, I have already been amazed to see the influence my culture and heritage has had and I’m excited to continue to see the German representation have an impact within our game.”
Full list of NFL coaches wearing flag patches in Weeks 4 and 5
There are a number of NFL coaches wearing flag patches over the next two weeks. They include Patriots coach Bill Belichick, whose grandparents are from Croatia, and Commanders head coach Ron Rivera (Puerto Rico).
A number of owners and executives will also take part, including Chargers chairman/owner Dean Spanos (Greece) and 49ers executive Paraag Marathe (India).
Here’s the full list of NFL coaches and executive wearing flag patches in Weeks 4 and 5:
- Cam Achord (New England Patriots – France)
- Bill Belichick (New England Patriots – Croatia)
- Brian Belichick (New England Patriots – Croatia)
- Stephen Belichick (New England Patriots – Croatia)
- Juan Castillo (Washington Commanders – Mexico)
- Sean Desai (Seattle Seahawks – India)
- Aden Durde (Dallas Cowboys – UK)
- Cristian Garcia (Washington Commanders – Cuba)
- Joe Houston (New England Patriots – Cuba)
- Joe Judge (New England Patriots – Ireland)
- Sanjay Lal (Seattle Seahawks – India)
- Paraag Marathe (San Francisco 49ers – India)
- Matt Patricia (New England Patriots – Italy)
- Joe Kim (New England Patriots – South Korea)
- Mike Pellegrino (New England Patriots – Italy)
- Ron Rivera (Washington Commanders – Puerto Rico)
- Vincent Rivera (Washington Commanders – Puerto Rico)
- Dean Spanos (Los Angeles Chargers – Greece)
- Vinnie Sunseri (New England Patriots – Italy)
- David Szott ( New York Jets – Poland)
You can see the full list of 200 participants, including players, here.