Arsenal’s poor run continued with a 2-1 home defeat against Wolves yesterday.
They sit 14th in the Premier League table and the form of captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is a problem.
As per the Evening Standard, Mikel Arteta admitted it’s his ‘biggest concern’. The Gabonese superstar has just two Premier League goals from ten games this season.
And in the Daily Mail, former Gunner Martin Keown delivered his verdict on Aubameyang, as well as Kieran Tierney and Bukayo Saka.
“Arsenal had nobody around Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang,” wrote Keown.
“Bukayo Saka and Kieran Tierney were lively, but Aubameyang should have been demanding more service.
“It was interesting to see Wolves revert to their old system for the last 15 minutes. With a back five, they locked down and saw out the win.”
Getting Aubameyang’s future sorted was a huge issue during Arsenal’s summer and they tied down their captain to a new deal.
Arteta had been criticised for playing Aubameyang out wide but things haven’t improve since he moved him through the middle.
Keown feels the issue is a lack of support and service and both have been lacking in recent weeks.
All strikers, no matter how good they are, need regular, quality service to score goals and Aubameyang isn’t getting that right now.
Could he have demanded more of the ball? Maybe, especially as captain, but this has been a consistent issue for Arsenal this season, regardless of who’s playing up front.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer