Lord Sugar has taken to Twitter to offer his reaction to Tottenham’s 2-0 win over Brentford in the EFL Cup semi-finals last night.
Tottenham booked a spot in April’s Wembley showpiece final thanks to goals from Moussa Sissoko and Son Heung-min.
Sissoko opened the scoring with a free header after 12 minutes before Son put the game beyond doubt with 20 minutes remaining.
Former Spurs chairman Sugar has expressed his delight about the victory, and has also said tSon – who cost £22 million from Bayer Leverkusen in 2015 (Guardian) – is the club’s best player.
Tottenham were favourites heading into the game and although it wasn’t an utterly dominant performance, they got the job done.
There were nervous moments in the second half. Bryan Mbeumo could have gone down when Davinson Sanchez got the wrong side of him in the box.
Ivan Toney also saw a goal ruled out for a fractional offside spotted by VAR, which was used for the first time in this season’s competition last night.
Sugar branded VAR a ‘joke’ and expressed sympathy for the Bees over the decision – even though it was the right call.
Spurs got the job done and will face either Manchester United or Manchester City in the final. The pair face at Old Trafford tonight.
Tottenham are one game away from their first trophy since 2008, when they defeated Chelsea to win the EFL Cup.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer