Rangers are into the last 32 of the Europa League after a 3-2 win over Standard Liege at Ibrox last night.
Steven Gerrard’s side sit top of the group going into the final round of matches.
It wasn’t plain sailing, as the Gers had to come from behind twice to grab the win.
For Duje Cop’s goal, which made it 2-1 to the visitors on 41 minutes, Leon Balogun missed his clearance as the ball came across the box.
But he recovered from that error, putting in a performance of quality on the ball.
As per WhoScored, 96.5 per cent of his 57 passes found their target.
He was also strong defensively in the rest of the game, making six clearances – nobody on either side made more – and four blocks.
That tally of four was more than anyone on either side; nobody else made more than one.
He also won five headers, made two tackles and an interception, so it was a performance of real substance as well as style on the ball.
Rangers have let in seven goals in their last three Europa League games.
That won’t please Gerrard, but the fact they’ve remained unbeaten in those matches will.
Balogun was great, one missed clearance while stretching aside, to help continue the European adventure.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer