Leeds are working with a streamlined squad in the Premier League and that’s the way manager Marcelo Bielsa likes it.
That said, it’s no secret the Whites would like to sign another creative midfielder.
They were close to signing Michael Cuisance from Bayern Munich but the deal failed to get over the line.
Now, in a report, the Yorkshire Evening Post (YEP) has named two EFL players Victor Orta is looking at as alternatives to the Frenchman.
Louie Sibley is one of the names following his impressive breakthrough season with Derby in 2019/20.
Sibley netted a hat-trick in an Under 23 game against Leeds last season, which the Rams won 7-1.
Perhaps that caught Leeds’ eye as they look to boost their midfield.
They could sign Sibley before the EFL deadline next Friday, but the YEP report makes it plain that isn’t especially likely.
Todd Cantwell is the other name on the list, and he impressed with Norwich City in the Premier League last season.
The England Under 21 international netted six goals and laid on two assists in the top flight last season, but it wasn’t enough to stop the Canaries going down.
It would be interesting to see how Bielsa would shape either man.
They are both talented young midfielders and perhaps something of a blank canvas for Bielsa to teach in his way of thinking about the game.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer