Reports from Le Parisien claim that N’Golo Kanté could be leaving Chelsea, sparking a wave of Twitter reaction.
They claim that the Frenchman has fallen out with Frank Lampard after the Blues’ manager refused to let him skip training to attend a friend’s wedding in Paris.
The 29-year-old missed chunks of last season due to injury and was linked with a move away in the summer.
But having started all four of Chelsea’s opening Premier League games, he is still viewed as part of the first team picture at Stamford Bridge.
It’s fair to say that Chelsea fans are not excited by the prospect of Kanté leaving Chelsea.
‘How can you fall out with Kanté?!’
N’Golo Kanté has a reputation as one of the nicest men in football.
His size, the fact that that he was too shy to ask to hold the World Cup and that he still drives a Mini Cooper to training make him impossible not to love.
With this in mind the general consensus on Twitter was disbelief that the Frenchman could fall out with anybody.
Fans turn on Frank
With Frank Lampard at the heart of the rumours of a bust up many fans were quick to turn on the Chelsea manager.
Some even posted less than flattering images of the former Derby manager in reaction to the news.
So, is Kanté really leaving Chelsea?
Chelsea fans needn’t worry too much though.
It seems that there isn’t much in the rumours. Kanté looks set to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Most likely we are seeing some people stirring up rumours of Kanté leaving Chelsea to fill in the dead air on a quiet news day.
- Days’ Carson Boatman finds his feet wakesurfing despite it being his ‘first time’
- Where to buy JuneShine hard kombucha in Cody Ko’s new ‘hippie juice’ flavor
- Patrick Swayze’s ‘bad boy acting parts’ almost lost him iconic Ghost role
- Who is Richard Engel’s wife, Mary? NBC reporter and family mourn son, Henry
- Has there ever been a ‘winner’ of McKamey Manor? Haunt trends on TikTok