Former England striker Michael Owen has revealed what he thinks life must be like for Tottenham Hostpur star Harry Kane under Jose Mourinho.
The pundit told talkSPORT the current England skipper must be “frustrated” because of Mourinho’s style of play.
The Spurs boss has led his club to the top of the Premier League standings, level with defending champions Liverpool.
Both sides sit on 25 points and go head to head under the lights at Anfield tonight.
Owen: Kane must be ‘frustrated’
Despite their fantastic start, Owen believes Spurs’ star striker Harry Kane can’t be happy with his new role in Mourinho’s side.
Owen said: “If I was Harry Kane, I would certainly be frustrated thinking ‘we play deep, we don’t get enough crosses in and we’re not playing to my strengths.’”
However, some Spurs fans on Twitter have disagreed with Owen’s claims:
Spurs’ stunning start
Not only are Spurs sitting top of the table, but Kane himself is right up there among the league’s top scorers this season.
He boasts nine goals from 12 matches and also sits atop the assists charts with ten, four ahead of Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne.
The England striker’s partnership with Son Heung-min has also been crucial to Tottenham’s success this season. The South Korea international has ten goals for the campaign.
- Who is transport secretary Pete Buttigieg married to?
- ‘Top class’: Jordan Henderson highlights one ‘incredible’ Liverpool star
- ‘Not true’: Edu says rumour about Arsenal man is totally false
- ‘Good business for Everton’: BBC pundit says Toffees must sign Tottenham star
- ‘He’ll make an impact’: Aussie skipper says debutant will cause India problems tomorrow