The international break can be a nightmare for managers and Jose Mourinho is no different.
The typically outspoken Tottenham boss has taken to Instagram to make his feelings known.
Ireland defender Matt Doherty has tested positive on international duty and will miss the game with Manchester City.
And Mourinho didn’t hold back on his burgeoning Instagram account.
The caption alongside the post read: “Amazing week of football. Great emotions in the national team matches, superb friendlies and total safety.
“Covid test results after matches been played, randomers running on the pitch while team sessions are taking place and much more.
“After another training session with only 6 players, it is now time to take care of myself.”
There are many who feel that sending players across Europe at this time is not the wisest idea and that’s clearly what Mourinho feels too.
It’s rare for a top manager to use social media as openly as Mourinho is right now.
It gives a fascinating insight into his views, and also another outlet for his complaints.
His next press conference may well be appointment viewing as he gears up to renew his rivalry with Pep Guardiola this weekend.
- Inside Courtney Hope’s girls’ weekend for lookalike ‘sister’s’ lively hen party
- Meat Loaf unknowingly gave Charles Manson a ride and he told singer’s fortune
- Dianna Russini and husband Kevin have ‘a baby for every year of marriage’
- Where The Mummy cast are now – Hollywood’s action hunk to ‘600lb movie role’
- Who is Andrea Giambruno, Giorgia Meloni’s partner and Italy’s first gentleman?