Olivier Giroud’s four-goal display will grab the headlines after Chelsea ran riot against Sevilla last night, and rightly so.
There has been talk about the Frenchman’s future but he provided an emphatic answer in the 4-0 victory.
But there was another masterclass going on last night, slightly further back.
As per WhoScored, Jorginho has a passing accuracy of 97.9 per cent on the night.
He made 47 passes and had 62 touches, the second-most of any Chelsea player on the pitch.
The Italian has sometimes been underappreciated at Chelsea, and found himself out of the side against Tottenham at the weekend.
But he produced a performance of high class to dominate the game away from home against a very tricky opponent.
That, along with Giroud’s sensational display, underlines the strength in depth Frank Lampard has at his disposal right now.
It’s a tough job keeping everybody happy, but with a match pretty much every three days, there’s plenty of gametime to share around.
Jorginho and Giroud should both come into the manager’s thinking for the weekend now.
The Blues host Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds side, who will provide a stern test of their new-found defensive resilience.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer