Diego Llorente received plenty of praise from the Leeds United supporters after their 0-0 draw with Chelsea on Saturday.
Neither Leeds nor Chelsea could manage to break the deadlock when facing off on Saturday afternoon.
The Peacocks didn’t have many shots, which is uncharacteristic of Marcelo Bielsa’s side – with Leeds only having seven shots all game.
Out of the seven shots, only four of them hit the target. Chelsea had double that amount.
The London side had 15 shots in total with eight of their strikes challenging Illan Meslier, who also had a solid match.
The Frenchman made eight saves in total, which is twice as many as his Chelsea counterpart.
However, these supporters were loving Llorente and the centre-back was being praised by many of the Leeds fans on social media.
Here’s what the Leeds fans were saying about Llorente on Twitter:
Llorente’s stats against Chelsea
The Spanish international touched the ball 49 times, which isn’t really that much considering Luke Ayling had 83 touches.
Llorente did manage to keep an impressive pass success rate of 81% which was better than any Leeds defender.
The Leeds centre-back also managed to complete 100% of his tackles, but he did only attempt two all match.
The Spaniard clearly had a solid game for Bielsa’s side and it’s good to see the supporters also recognise this.
Bielsa should have an easier task next time out, with his side taking on relegation fighting Fulham on Friday 8pm.
- Who did Kirstie Alley play in Drop Dead Gorgeous? Late actress’s role revisited
- Where Back to the Future cast are now – Losing role over tragedy to five wives
- Grant Horvat leaving Good Good: ‘Own thing’ move similar to Micah Morris
- What is Chekhov’s Gun? White Lotus fans think they’ve spotted it again
- Michael J Fox kept Parkinson’s disease a secret after denying it for 7 years